The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
Your Internship search stops here! In this exciting internship opportunity, you will work with scientists on the synthesis and evaluation of polymers, gaining experiences in research and development in the paint and coatings industry. You may also have the chance to work on projects which may include, but are not limited to:
- Working with a polymer chemist, you will be trained to independently characterize the polymers synthesized.
- Working with a paint chemist to see what properties polymers bring to paint formulations and you may be asked to prepare paints utilizing your polymers.
- Recording, Analyzing and interpreting data accurately.
- Clearly communicate results/recommendations via written reports and/or presentations to Managers.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and ensure work environment is clean.
- Follow and understand all safety and security regulations.
- Manage work in accordance within set timelines.
- Pursuing a College Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related area of study.
- Science laboratory experimentation experience.
- Demonstrate a superior ability to work well independently or in a diverse team across multiple departments.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and especially Excel).
- Strong math skills i.e. unit conversion/percentages.
- Familiarity with PPE and use of proper laboratory safety equipment.