Rockwell Automation is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join the Low Voltage Drive Quality team and become a key contributor .This position has the responsibility to support Quality Assurance leadership for the Low Voltage Drives product on a global basis. Performance of these duties requires a substantial amount of flexibility to work in a matrix structure of a global base as well as direct interaction with the customers internal and external. This person must be able to work independently as an individual contributor, and must be able to lead teams. Must be creative, attentive to detail, results-oriented and have strong communication skills.
Essential Functions /responsibilities include:
- Core member of the Low Voltage Drives (LVD) quality assurance Team
- Responsible for supporting quality and reliability of the New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Responsible for Product Quality, Warranty analysis in support of Rockwell Automation Quality Mission and Vision and Quality strategic objectives
- Responsible for assisting and leading Root Cause failure analysis, and product MAAR Charts
- Independent researcher and problem solver
- Strategic thinker
- Collaborates and Teams Effectively and work cooperatively in a multi-disciplined team environment
- Ensuring the quality of the product design, manufacturing, engineering services /solutions provided globally to the customers
- Ensure that product/ solution Quality and Reliability needs of the marketplace are properly identified, defined, and implemented in new products and thru continuation engineering.
- Review and approval of the quality and reliability of the new product design projects/deliverables following the common product development process
- Support and enhance the reliability programs that improve the design and performance of Rockwell Automation, Allen-Bradley products and services. Activities to begin with new product design and continue reliability growth through the life of the product
- Apply engineering problem solving skills/ Quality Tools to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Enforce and support to the local quality assurance procedures required to maintain an ISO 9001 quality management system to meet corporate quality policies
- Assist in development of short and long term quality goals and objectives globally
- Plan, define, monitor and improve the quality goals and targets for product and solution
- Perform root cause failure analysis related to customer product quality issues.
- Act with a sense of urgency to resolve any quality issue, identify and implement the corrective/preventive actions in a timely manner.
- Must make key quality engineering contributions to product design engineering using a DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) process in new product designs
- Work in close collaboration with other quality teams across the company
- All activities must meet the quality requirements communicated by the company policies and procedures, customer expectations and requirements, and appropriate governmental agencies, such as ISO regulations.
EOE, M/F/DISABLE, VET
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree or education.
- 5 years in quality engineering, engineering, manufacturing, field service engineering and/or repair engineering.
- 2 years' experience in direct interaction with customers and suppliers
- 2 years' experience in new product Introduction
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through all levels in the organization
- Ability to influence and work with cross-functional and global teams within a complex matrix organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Collaborates and Teams Effectively, Interfaces with customers to provide Quality expertise on complex matters to improve process and product quality
- Internal customers to include design / development engineers, Quality Staff, Component engineers, Sales engineers.
- External customers to include suppliers, as well as end-users of RA products.
- Must possess ability to articulate detailed technical information, both written and orally, to the customer
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications ( Primarily Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong background in the quality disciplines, including statistics
- Strong background in data analytical skills, experience on customer data analysis and Complex data analysis
- Able to collect, organize and analyze complex and ambiguous information/data to lead to an outcome. Able to derive conclusions and make persuasive recommendations. Considers factors beyond their scope of influence
- Strong in continuous improvement and quality engineering tools and methodologies
- Ability to execute transactions in an Enterprise Resource Planning system, preferably SAP
- Desired certification in LEAN, Six SIGMA tools and methodologies, Green Belt / Black Belt, CQM, AQE
- Experience with Project Management
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Operations & Engineering Services
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.