Why Work at Michael Foods?
At Michael Foods, our goal is to create value-added food and service solutions for our customers and to deliver profitable and sustainable growth. Michael Foods has built a team of employees dedicated to the mission and growth of the company. We do that by offering a creative and innovative team environment where employees can succeed.
Whether you are just starting your career or you are an experienced professional, Michael Foods offers possibilities for those looking to grow and develop. We offer competitive benefits packages with Medical, Dental and Vision plans, Life insurance, 401 (k), tuition reimbursement, paid Holidays and Paid Personal Time. We also provide many training opportunities to help you achieve your career development goals.
If you are looking for a company where you can truly make an impact and provide value-added work, explore the possibilities at Michael Foods, Inc.
Plans, directs, or coordinates the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing food products in accordance with safety, cost, quality and quantity specifications.
This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability. Ensures regulatory Compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Produces the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost consistent with good manufacturing practices.
- Adheres to Quality work practices, follow GMP’s, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Maintains operations at or better than budgeted targets (ie labor, shrink, yield costs, rework, safety) OEE, DME, Lbs/Op Hr, FME.
- Responsible for department costs and expenses.
- Recognizes and takes steps to resolve operating problems in order to minimize their impact on the operations.
- Requests and directs services of maintenance and other personnel as may be necessary to achieve the desired level and quality of production, sanitation, safety and warehouse services.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date records (i.e. shift reports/efficiencies, production schedule updates, timecards, downtime records, absenteeism records, etc).
- Enforces company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Encourages suggestions from employees which will improve production, quality, safety, and/or cost controls of production.
- Keeps management team informed on operation activities, employee activities, quality, safety and cost controls.
- Ability to supervise, evaluate and develop employees and lead Continuous Improvement teams.
- Ability to work in teams and assist/lead in process improvements.
- Maintains consistent and thorough communications.
- Performs employee evaluations in a timely and consistent manner.
- Develops and fosters team building and facilitates meetings as needed.
- Performs all other duties of similar nature or level as requested by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Two years supervisory experience in food manufacturing environment with progressive leadership responsibility.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- Strong organizational and mechanical skills.
- Ability to train and motivate employees.
- Work overtime, weekends or on other shifts when necessary.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and SAP.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Apply online at https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/POS1003POST/JobBoard/39e03f13-bcc5-4457-aebc-20ff2b68b2f5/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=303a057e-f6df-4e1b-b5f1-903d007671db