- Responsible for the strategy and execution of key areas of the PlantPAx Distributed Control System focusing on the integration of process automation systems into enterprise architectures within our target industries and applications
- Monitors trends and evolving expectations within the process automation market and their impact on Rockwell Automation strategy and priorities
- Defines strategy to drive enterprise architecture needs across process industry segments to drive current and future product development
- Routinely engages with customers, sales, and industry marketing teams
- Represents Rockwell Automation with industry consortia and standards organizations
- Recommends the expansion of PlantPAx portfolio through build, buy, and/or partner decisions to accelerate growth
- Develops PlantPAx System positioning relative to Enterprise Architectures based on competitive analysis and strategies for existing and new system capabilities
- Supports product promotion and new product introduction process, including sales training, coordination with solutions and services offerings, and review of commercial campaigns
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical fields
- 12 years of experience in industry
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Should be widely regarded as an expert in process automation with familiarity with information and analytics applications in Chemical, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, or Mining industries
- Experience with the development of Enterprise Architectures in a manufacturing environment; driving IT and business alignment to achieve the goals of Smart Manufacturing and Industries 4.0
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products, PlantPAx System, and industrial security is a plus.
- Product management experience within the control system industry is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and influencing capabilities, efficient in MS Office products, and an ability to work with a geographically dispersed team to achieve position objectives.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.