Rockwell Automation is looking for a Hardware Engineer with electronics design experience to join our new product development team. You will develop and enhance our existing and next generation industrial control products. These products include Programmable Logic Controllers, I/O Products, and Communication devices. You will play a key role in all phases of product development including requirements definition, complex circuit design for embedded systems, functional safety impact assessment, product verification and certification testing, and release to production. You will work on a team comprised of engineers across multiple disciplines (e.g., mechanical, ASIC/FPGA development, embedded software), project managers, product marketing, and manufacturing & quality organizations to bring our product roadmaps to life. The environment fosters a collaborative and innovative approach to work with teams across the globe. It is dynamic, fast-paced, and requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for product development. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop technically and take on increased scope and responsibility.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product development and release of electronic hardware systems.
- 2+ years of team leadership experience.
- Experience with design analysis tools such as schematic capture, PCB design, timing analysis, and signal integrity.
- Must have hands on experience with hardware test equipment, including debuggers, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar technical degree
- Must be versed in both digital and analog electrical engineering circuits.
- Must have experience releasing electronic hardware systems that meet product certification requirements, such as CE and IEC 61010.
- Experience developing electronic hardware products and systems that meet functional safety standards, such as IEC 61508 or IEC 61511.
- Experience in product development and release of embedded electronic hardware systems for regulated industries.
- Experience in industrial automation product development or related technical areas, including background with large scale system development projects.
- Experience developing electronic hardware products and systems that meet requirements of process safety applications, such as fault tolerant SIL3 or high availability.
- Formal functional or process safety training from a recognized body such as exida, ISA, or TUV.
- Experience with FPGAs and Hardware Description Languages.
- Experience working with global team members on multi-campus product development.
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet security standards, such as IEC 62443.
- Knowledge of industrial communications interfaces and protocols such as Ethernet IP.
- Experience designing embedded systems, including the development of the embedded code using C/C++.
- Capability to effectively utilize Python and/or Rockwell Software programming tools to develop test programs and understand customer applications.
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
Yes - Domestic
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.