The Motors and Cables Hardware Engineer is responsible for overall technical direction for Kinetix cable products and motor connectors. In addition to that primary responsibility, the Motors and Cables Hardware Engineer will support certification requirements and the creation of design guidance to facilitate certifications. They will also work on new Motor Developments to insure robust manufacturable designs for motor wiring of both power leads and accessories. Primary responsibilities include working with vendors to create cable products that meet the product requirements leading to business success. The Motor and Cables Hardware Engineer will also work with the RA Shared Services Compliance function and Kinetix Dev Test to obtain third party certifications for both cable and motor products.
It is likely that the Motors and Cables Hardware Engineer could also take responsibility for one or more of the following areas for Kinetix Motors:
This position requires the ability to travel to our manufacturing facilities including Poland and Mexico for New Product Development work, as well as travel to vendor facilities.
This position requires strong functional skills in the area of Electrical, Mechanical, and Material Science as applied to industrial motors and cables. Excellent understanding of drive/motor interface requirements and UL and CE certification requirements are a plus. Responsible for keeping abreast of the competitive cable products/technologies and providing technical support on issues related to Motors and Cables.
- Engineering technical skills in electro-mechanical hardware engineering for motor and cable and connector designs.
- Comfortable in a lab testing environment including use of oscilloscope and data acquisition, plus comfortable writing sound technical reports
- Knowledge of industrial automation applications including motion applications.
- Conducts design reviews and peer reviews as needed to insure that the products meet the intended design specifications.
- Assesses products and processes for their ability to meet customer requirements including capability, reliability, and robustness.
- Direct experience in lean or six sigma design tools.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with and lead a broader team including Product Management, vendors, testers, and Operations.
- The ability to contribute to strategic product direction by keeping others aware of relevant technology.
- Excellent communication, reporting/presentation skills and influence. Demonstrated competency working across business unit lines with an integrated team to achieve positive objectives.
- Prioritizes engineering tasks consistent with the overall motion business strategy.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and demonstrates full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
- Bachelor Degree Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or Bachelor degree in a science field with technical/lab or industrial experience.
- 5+ years of electrical / mechanical / industrial engineering experience
- Able to travel up to 20% (domestic and international)
- Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with electrical cables and connectors.
- Design For Manufacturing experience.
- Familiarity with principles of Design For Six Sigma and comfortable working with statistics.
- Certified Design For Six Sigma Green Belt or other level belts preferred.
- Experience working with certifying bodies such as UL, CSA, TUV, etc
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Eden Prairie - Minnesota, Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.