The application engineering co-op will work inside a business group of Rockwell Automation called Systems and Solutions Business (SSB). SSB takes requirements from customers and creates a solution by combining Rockwell Automation equipment and 3rd parties to create a complete solution. The Application Engineering co-op will perform project-oriented work implementing systems with Rockwell Automation products to meet unique customer requirements. The co-op will be a member of a project team working under the direction of a lead engineer, or designer. The main responsibilities and daily tasks of this position include:
Assist with engineering and project management staff with assigned tasks on active projects.
Update mechanical and electrical drawings in AutoCAD
Assist in creation of Technical Manuals by finding and editing product specification sheets and user manuals
Support manufacturing process of our customized packaged solutions, including business management system needs
Assist software engineering by developing and testing code in Logix and Factory Talk applications
Assist software engineering by building test racks for simulation
Assist in hardware test set up and testing
Assist in environmental testing at designated off site field labs (if 21 years or older)
Assist in review and check out process of design packages.
Assist with procurement of components in the business management system
- Ladder Logic Development
- HMI Development
- Project Status Report Development
- Project Meetings via Phone or at Customer Location
- System Testing - hardware, software
- System Troubleshooting - hardware, software
- Function Design Review and Development
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
Must be a U.S. Citizen due to customer requirements
Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
Must be working towards a bachelor's of science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Preference given to students attending Ohio area schools
- Understanding of electrical circuits and/or mechanical systems
- Computer proficient with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel).
- Previous Logix or Factory Talk coding experience
- Previous Access Database experience
- Previous AutoCAD experience
- Previous C++ or computer programming experience
- Some Exposure to Rockwell Software
- Met a Rockwell Automation representative at campus or national conference career fair to be considered
- Previous internship or co-op experience or experience with Allen Bradley products
- Demonstrated leadership experience in school, community activities or employment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Be prepared to relocate as required throughout the Program
- Preference to those who met a Rockwell Automation representative on campus or at a national conference career fair
- Co-op or internship experience at Rockwell Automation
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.