Commercial Engineer to focus on managing and maintaining the new Milwaukee hardware center to be utilized globally by Rockwell Automation sales and distributor specialists to deliver remote hardware based product demos, training sessions and technical seminars to customers. The remote hardware demo offering will complement the existing cloud based software demo program by giving field access to a shared set of equipment that is readily available and easy to use.
Commercial Engineer possesses and demonstrates a diverse set of technical skills and product knowledge coupled with ability to integrate Rockwell Automation products together into a system environment. Candidate will work with a cross functional team of Commercial Engineers, Competency Instructors, Marketing and BU resources to identify, prioritize, develop and implement architectures / collateral to be used for demos, training and tech seminars.
- Responsible for leading projects to implement enhancements and/or refresh the center's equipment offering.
- Responsible for troubleshooting hardware / software / firmware issues in a lab environment.
- Strive to meet the core requirements of the hardware center to drive adoption and usage of the program by field resources.
- Core requirements: Equipment function must reliable, Offering should maximize usage, Offering must be relevant for sales pursuits and/or training needs
- Responsible to investigate / implement new and emerging technologies to enhance product demos, training sessions and technical seminars.
- Emerging technologies: Simulation, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality
- Expected to maintain and continue to develop a technical expertise and commercial awareness of Rockwell Automation products and the industrial automation marketplace.
- Travel requirement for this position is approximately 10...15%.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience with overall control system design and/or supporting customer applications.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or similar technical bachelors degree.
- Capable of using of personal computers and the appropriate applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint, Teams and OneNote.
- Knowledge of Rockwell Automation core products, including but not limited to: PLCs, Motor Control, Operator Interface, Networking / Communication, Information Software , Safety and I/O
- Solid business / technical writing skills, able to present topics to mid to large size groups.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- BSEE or BSME preferred, master's degree a plus.
- Field and/or direct customer experience.
- Expertise with RSLinx, RSNetworx, RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, Connected Component Workbench, FactoryTalk View ME/SE, FactoryTalk Information Software (Historian, Vantage Point, etc.), and PlantPAx.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and/or virtualization software.
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly.
- Must be adaptable, able to new learn new products/technologies outside current areas of expertise.
- Networking knowledge with advanced system level troubleshooting ability.
- Capable to lead larger project teams, including coordination with 3rd party vendors.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.