IT Field Technician
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Requisition Primary Location
We have an immediate opening at our Oklahoma City office for an IT Field Technician supporting locations in Oklahoma and Kansas. This position will be responsible for responding to and resolving a wide variety of system related issues using help desk incident management software in order to enhance end user productivity. The Technician will be the face of I.T. installing, configuring, or maintaining core WCI software applications and systems. Deploying new software releases and patches, setup new PCs and assist with telecom projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2 years or more of Network Administration
- Experience working with Microsoft OS and Office Applications
- Independent worker with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communications skills
- Strong customer service and time management skills
- Coverage of field locations in multiple states will require up to 60% of your work schedule including overnight stays
- Help Desk Experience is a huge plus!!
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least four of the following areas:
- Microsoft SQL databases
- Cisco routers / General Networking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st level support for workstations, including handling after hour calls as assigned.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networking
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office Suite, PC and Laptop hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- Maintain phone systems at multiple locations
- Microsoft windows end user configuration (profiles, printers, application configuration)
- Cisco router installation and configuration
- iPad, iPhone and cell phone configuration, troubleshooting, and repair
WASTE CONNECTIONS US, Inc. (TSX/NYSE: WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 40 states. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
Why you need to join us!
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees. Honoring our commitments provides our stakeholders peace of mind and establishes us as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve. This creates a safe and rewarding environment for our employees.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future."
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)