The individual will need to support customers throughout the life cycle of project work.
Responsible for the requirements definition, specification, design, implementation, test, and customer-site startup of control, information and automation systems working in a project team environment. This will include providing hardware and software engineering, system start-up, and customer training. The customers may be both external and internal.
Responsible for performing system engineering for automation process control projects based on programmable controllers, drives, motor control centers, operator/field device, instrumentation, etc. Works on project assignments that are dependent upon the Job Level (moderate to complex projects).
Designs, defines and implements complex system requirements for customers and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems. Determines system specifications and coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. This includes system design, system engineering, hardware engineering, programming and factory testing. Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Analyzes customer's requirements to determine the optimal process control system solution and determines applicable control configuration/architecture
- Designs control panels for PLC and drive systems with guidance from other senior engineers.
- Supports the panel build function at the integration center.
- Designs and implements software for PLCs and HMIs based on customer requirements.
- Configures servers and network equipment that hosts HMIs, data historians, and data reporting software.
- Plans and executes military specified environmental tests. Writes detailed test plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Commissions control and drive systems at customer sites or onboard U.S. Navy vessels.
- Provides updates to project manager/leader pertaining to status of activities, performance to schedule and performance to budget for self and other less-experienced engineers.
- May participate in proposal development activities.
- Analyzes customer's requirements to determine the optimal process control system solution and determines applicable control configuration/architecture.
- Uses technologies used in standard offerings, new applications and extensions of current architectures or software packages.
- Responsible for using application solution-related or technology-related best practices on assigned projects.
- Responsible for identifying and communicating potential application solution-related or technology-related best practices.
- May participate in the development of the team strategic plan.
- Performs conceptual process control systems design, determination of process control system strategy, design of assembled programming
- May provide on-site process control system start-up as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- 2+ years experience in control systems applications engineering related to automation systems throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through to installation and subsequent client support.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must currently hold or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Must have previous experience conducting system field startup activities.
- Typically possesses application/technical knowledge relevant to assigned business team.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.