Rockwell Automation is looking for a Process Safety System Architect to join our new product development team. Utilizing your experience with process safety systems, you will play a key role in the architectural design of our next generation fault tolerant industrial control products. These products include Programmable Logic Controllers, I/O Products, and Communication devices targeted for process safety applications.
- Contribute to scalable fault tolerant architectural designs and safety concepts covering both hardware and embedded software aspects. Provide estimates for skills and time needed for the design. Consider tradeoffs between requirements, speed, cost, and reliability in the choice of a design approach.
- Support/influence negotiations on overall Process Safety System Architecture, project objectives, and requirements. This include interfaces to Basic Process Control System and other platforms within the portfolio. Evaluate technology solutions. Provide cost/benefit recommendations.
- Perform advance work, including requirements, on a feature before a development team is in place.
- Collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams. Provide technical leadership for a large development team or for technical aspects of a multi-team project.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelor's degree, preferred in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar technical area
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in product development and release of electronic hardware systems
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience developing fault tolerant architectural designs, safety concepts, and safety requirements specifications for electronic hardware products and systems that meet functional safety standards (IEC 61508, IEC 61511 or ISA84) or meet requirements of process safety applications (fault tolerant SIL3, high availability)
- Experience specifying or implementing process safety / safety instrumented systems that meet IEC 61511 for industries such as oil and gas, refining, industrial power generation, chemicals, or mining
- Formal process safety training from a recognized body such as exida, ISA, or TUV
- Experience performing availability analysis of redundant elements (e.g., using software such as BlockSim)
- Experience simulating analog circuit performance and reliability (e.g., using software such as MathCad)
- Experience performing PFD/PFH calculations for safety applications
- Professional certification related to process safety such as Certified Functional Safety Expert, Certified Functional Safety Practitioner, or ISA84
- Minimum of 4 years of experience leading technical teams of 5+ people
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet product certification requirements, such as CE and IEC 61010
- Must exhibit excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar technical degree
- Experience working with global team members on multi-campus product development
- Experience with design analysis tools such as schematic capture, PCB design, timing analysis, and signal integrity
- Experience developing electronic hardware systems that meet security standards, such as IEC 62443
- Knowledge of industrial communications interfaces and protocols such as Ethernet IP
- Experience designing embedded systems, including the development of embedded code using C/C++
Architecture and Software
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Houston - Texas, Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.