SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
The individual will need to support customers throughout the life cycle of project work.
Responsible for the requirements definition, specification, design, implementation, test, and customer-site startup of control, information and automation systems working in a project team environment. This will include providing hardware and software engineering, system start-up, and customer training. The customers may be both external and internal.
In the senior technical role, an individual will be a contributing part of a project team. The individual will be responsible for leading the design effort on projects. Leading and participating in start-up assignments will also be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in control systems engineering related to automation systems.
- Must currently hold or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Must have the ability to travel an average of about 25% of the time; however, travel can flex up to 50% a few times per year.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Experience conducting system field startup activities.
- Typically possesses application/technical knowledge relevant to assigned business team.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
- 5+ years experience of control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through to installation and subsequent client support.
- Strong technical skills related to the U.S. Government and Marine business a plus.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.