The Woodlands, Texas
Requisition Primary Location
Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Do you enjoy interacting with co-workers and customers? Do you long for an interactive, fun, and casual yet professional workplace? Is an unstructured and open environment just the ticket for you? Are you a stickler for organization and being on time, have an eye for detail, and love to have a variety of projects and tasks on any given day? Is your day incomplete if you haven't talked to or helped a variety of people? If you answered yes to all of these questions, join us at our Corporate Office in The Woodlands, TX.
Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) is the third largest solid waste company in North America -with locations throughout the United States and Canada.
We are currently seeking a top notch, professional yet fun Corporate Receptionist (aka the Voice and Face of Waste Connections) to meet, greet, and provide support services to our guests, our vendors, as well as our field and corporate staff.
A Day in the Life...
- Your day will be spent managing our front office with duties such as answering and routing all incoming calls, meeting and greeting our guests, new hires, and candidates, processing mail and shipments along with misc clerical projects. .
- Waste Connections is a busy, high volume company - you will have the opportunity to work with all of our internal departments on a variety of projects and events as needed.
- You will also be responsible for tracking and ordering office and break room supplies.
What You Have to Have:
- A high school diploma or GED
- 1 or more years in a face-to-face administrative role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint and the ability to quickly learn and use company specialized applications as needed
- Ability to work independently, manage the demands of multiple internal and external customers, establish priorities, meet deadlines, take initiative and follow through on all areas of responsibility.
- Excellent customer service, organization, verbal, written and collaboration skills.
What Would Be Great to Have:
- Degree in Business Administration or a related field
What's In It For You:
You will be joining a great team and a company in a "work hard, play harder" environment along with a competitive salary. Other peripheral benefits include a strong presence in our local communities, sustainability initiatives, and more. For more information and to apply, please visit www.wasteconnections.com .
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).