Sodexo Dining Services is seeking a Catering Executive Chef 2 to lead a dynamic Catering Culinary Team at the prestigious Loyola Marymount University. Located in sunny Los Angeles, CA this showcase account is known for their world class catering services. This is a long standing partnership between LMU and Sodexo - with the contract over 45 years! This is a Hands On Chef position that reports directly to the Director of Catering, managing $2 + million in revenue which includes high expectations for quality/presentation and creativity on a cost effective budget. The Catering Executive Chef will work to support and develop the in-unit Sous Chefs & culinary team to plan & execute a wide array of events, while driving culinary excellence at each one. Catering events run from 10 - 25 events per day - up to 40 events per day and requires ability to delegate, coordinate and communicate.
This technical culinary expert and trainer will focus on culinary systems, corporate standards and sustainability initiatives while ensuring the highest in food quality & presentation for our numerous catering venues. This position will also meet with our clients to set expectations, conduct tasting panels & plan implementation of spectacular events throughout the campus.
The ideal Catering Executive Chef candidate:
- Has a strong career background in Catering Culinary management with high-volume ($2+M) upscale catering management experience – high volume and high profile events.
- attention to detail and developing creative and on trend menu options to fit our client's needs and budget.
- Possesses a culinary arts degree or certificate/diploma and commensurate experience in high end/gormet menu developent.
- Is committed to providing high level of culinary service with demonstrated success in team development.
- Will have exceptional client & interpersonal relationship skills, exceeding expectations for a high profile and demanding clientele base.
- Drives corporate standards focusing on food quality, presentation, and menu creativity.
- Proven experience maintaining costs using food and labor management systems and utilizing online systems to order and control inventory.
- Takes responsibility for training and development of all culinary employees including salaried chefs.
- Possesses a strong understanding of food safety and HACCP standards.
- Thrives in a highly visible role interacting with clients and students at VIP functions, corporate promotions, and interactive presentations.
- Is an organized professional with effective leadership, communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Seeking bilingual candidates; the ability to speak Spanish will assist in managing this workforce.
- Position will report to the Catering Director and work with Sous Chef, Catering Managers, Supervisors and a strong team of seasoned catering culinary professionals.
- Experience with wine paring, Catertrax or similar catering program knowledge a plus.
- Seeking Bilingual candidates - the ability to communicate in Spanish would be helpful working with this workforce.
- Valid Driver’s License required as position will regularly drive a company vehicle.
With this position being a year-round role, the ideal candidate will realize when analyzing revenue streams and cost centers that their schedule may include additional weekend and holiday coverage according to the needs of the organization.
This position offers high visibility at a high-profile account, career growth opportunities, and so much more! Sound like the opportunity you’ve been searching for? Apply today to grow with Sodexo, a world leader in Quality of Life Services! Join the Sodexo Team at Loyola Marymount! Sodexo University Dining is committed to enhancing the learning environment on campus through world-class food services and we welcome you to join our team with this exciting career opportunity. #LI
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.