Member Service Advocate (Part-Time less than 24 hours per a wk) - Banking / Credit Union
Since our founding in 1935 during the Great Depression, GTE Financial, a not-for-profit financial cooperative, has evolved into one of the largest locally owned and operated financial institutions in Tampa Bay, with $1.5 billion in assets. And while we are proud of our history and our excellent reputation for stability, it gives us equal satisfaction to know that our team members thrive in a collaborative environment that encourages them to share their ideas, opinions, and suggestions. It is this mutual respect and give-and-take that have helped GTE Financial become recognized as an employer of choice in our area.
Employees of GTE Financial also enjoy competitive pay and outstanding benefits that include:
•Vision—no cost to employee
•Long-term and Short-Term Disability
•Optional Cancer, Accident, Critical Illness, and Short Term Disability.
•Basic Life—no cost to employee
•Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Coverage
•Flexible Spending Accounts
•401k - will match 100% up to 3%
•Employee Assistance Program
•Competitive Paid Time Off
•10 Company recognized Holidays
•Onsite Wellness Center and Wellness Center Manager
Come join us as we look forward to the next 80+ years of growth, achievements and success.
GTE Financial is looking for organized, professional, friendly people to join our fun working environment as Member Service Advocates- (PT 24 hrs per wk)
Our Member Service Advocates (MSAs) have a starting pay of $15.00 per hr.
What does it take to be a great Member Service Advocate? Exemplary customer service. Our MSAs analyze each members financial needs and then educates them about alternative delivery channels, including the virtual world of GTE Financial.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures delivery of excellent customer service by assisting members and non-members who visit or call community financial centers for service needs including account and existing loan maintenance.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships by providing prompt and accurate service as to promote customer loyalty.
- Identify and recommend appropriate GTE Financial products and services to create fully engaged financial relationships in accordance with the business strategy.
- Greet every member and treat them with respect by exceeding their expectations, and thank them for their business.
- Cross train to perform other duties as assigned.
- Be respectful and maintain a professional demeanor with co-workers to build a proactive team environment.
- Support and assist team members in order to provide quality member service at all times.
- Identify risk for credit union losses through observations of transactions involving potential fraudulent activity.
- Observe Credit Union guidelines, policies, and procedures in order to adhere to compliance regulations, and security standards.
- Exhibit a desire for continuous education to ensure personal growth and achievement to better serve our members.
- Set example of professional behavior in keeping with credit union value statement.
- Participate in meetings, conference calls and events as assigned.
- Report to centers as assigned by direct supervisor on an as-needed basis (daily, weekly, monthly) to achieve said objective.
- Serve as a support role in the community financial centers during periods of staff needs.
- Adhere to audit/compliance procedures of the Community Financial Center, while maintaining the highest level of service to our members.
- Must demonstrate a functional knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act in addition to other Federal laws, including but not limited to: U.S. Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets & Control, Anti-Money Laundering, Right to Financial Privacy Act, and the Bank Bribery Act.
Other Job Functions:
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Abides by all policies, procedures, and protocols set forth in the departmental, GTE Financial employee, operational and administrative policy manuals.
Note: The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of an employee in this job. Job duties can change at any time as directed by management. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
GTE Financial reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer,
GTE Financial welcomes and encourages diversity as a vital part of our business strategy.