Bi-lingual Member Relationship Officer - Banking / Credit Union
Since our founding in 1935 during the Great Depression, GTE Financial, a not-for-profit financial cooperative, has evolved into one of the largest locally owned and operated financial institutions in Tampa Bay, with $1.5 billion in assets. And while we are proud of our history and our excellent reputation for stability, it gives us equal satisfaction to know that our team members thrive in a collaborative environment that encourages them to share their ideas, opinions, and suggestions. It is this mutual respect and give-and-take that have helped GTE Financial become recognized as an employer of choice in our area.
Employees of GTE Financial also enjoy competitive pay and outstanding benefits that include:
•Vision—no cost to employee
•Long-term and Short-Term Disability
•Optional Cancer, Accident, Critical Illness, and Short Term Disability.
•Basic Life—no cost to employee
•Supplemental Life and Dependent Life Coverage
•Flexible Spending Accounts
•401k - will match 100% up to 3%
•Employee Assistance Program
•Competitive Paid Time Off
•10 Company recognized Holidays
•Onsite Wellness Center and Wellness Center Manager
Come join us as we look forward to the next 80+ years of growth, achievements and success.
GTE Financial is looking for professional, friendly people to join our fun working environment as Bi-lingual Branch Representative (Member Relationship Officer) for our Temple Terrace Community Financial Center.
Check out our exciting employee benefits GTE Benefits- Click Here
The Member Relationship Officer will ensure members' needs are achieved by conducting a thorough financial assessment and recommending the most appropriate products and services that fulfills the member's immediate and future financial goals. The Member Relationship Officer will generate leads, build new and maintain existing member relationships, resulting in a great member experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- dentify, recommend, and sell appropriate GTE Financial products and services to create fully engaged financial relationships in accordance with the business strategy
- Schedule time on the sales floor leading from the lobby, by greeting members, directing them to the appropriate areas of the Community Financial Center and ensuring that the member's needs are met
- Work with team to develop an acquisition strategy for new memberships and retention strategy for existing member accounts
- Process member financial transactions; originate, process, and close all loans
- Demonstrate sound judgment in loan origination by providing clear and detailed recommendations in accordance with underwriting guidelines while maintaining quality standards
- Gather information, analyze facts and educate members on appropriate products/services to provide one point resolution to satisfy their needs
- Identify risk for credit union losses through observations of transactions involving potential fraudulent activity
- Work with internal business partners to promote organizational strategies
- Work in conjunction with the respective Community Development Officers to develop and strengthen relationships with community partners
- Observe Credit Union guidelines, policies, and procedures in order to adhere to compliance regulations, and security standards
- Ensure the completion of regulatory compliance and training specific to sales and service responsibilities for staff
- Exhibit a desire for continuous education to ensure personal growth and achievement to better serve our members
- Set example of professional behavior in keeping with credit union value statement
- Track and report weekly production outcomes on all products, services, and referral categories
- Participate in meetings, conference calls and events as assigned
- Adhere to audit/compliance procedures of the Community Financial Center, while maintaining the highest level of service to our members
- Must demonstrate a functional knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act in addition to other Federal laws, including but not limited to: U.S. Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets & Control, Anti-Money Laundering, Right to Financial Privacy Act, and the Bank Bribery Act
Other Job Functions:
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Abides by all policies, procedures, and protocols set forth in the departmental, GTE Financial employee, operational and administrative policy manuals
Note: The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of an employee in this job. Job duties can change at any time as directed by management. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
GTE Financial reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer,
GTE Financial welcomes and encourages diversity as a vital part of our business strategy.