Shred Truck Driver
Requisition Primary Location
As a member of our elite team of Drivers, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry! Do you have a Class B CDL? Does driving a LOCAL route every day sound great? If the answer is Yes, then you're who were looking for!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 7 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 41 state, the District of Columbia and 6 Canadian Provinces. Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America", 3 Years in a Row!
Click here to view a "Day in the Life" of our Drivers: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/driver
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a safety conscience Shred Truck Driver to join the team at our Mobile Shredding location in Lacey, WA. Previous shred experience would be a huge plus!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a shred truck on specified routes to collect shred bins from local businesses.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load shred bins.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 45 plus hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Continuously going into businesses and interacting with clients.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
- Must have good customer service skills and previous experience with dealing with customers face to face.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future at www.wasteconnections.com
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
High School (Required)
Class B Commercial Drivers License with Air Brakes Endorsement - Department of Transportation