Preventative Maintenance Mechanic
Requisition Primary Location
Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future! Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row! Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) is growing throughout the United States and Canada. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to over 7.5 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 40 states, the District of Columbia and 6 Canadian Provinces.
We have an immediate position open for a Preventive Maintenance Mechanic to work on our fleet of garbage trucks. Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. At least 1 year of experience doing preventative maintenance on diesel trucks is preferred.
This is a Monday - Friday 2:00 p.m.- 10:30 shift with overtime.
Do not stop by or call our local office. Apply online at www.wasteconnections.com
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services and repairs
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Test drive trucks after services and repairs
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand service schedule and/or repairs
- Perform some welding
- Available to help mechanic with repairs as needed
- General shop cleaning responsibilities
- Equipment safety checks
- Maintain and track service inventory
- On call every other month for emergency repairs or road calls until 5:00PM
- Communicate with drivers for issues in morning and afternoon
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
Qualified candidate must have:
- 1+ years experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair or completion of accredited vocational technical school.
- Basic tool set, tool box and proper personal safety equipment as required
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn test diagnostic laptop and software
- Class B CDL or ability to obtain within 90 days of start of position
- Welding experience a plus
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
High School (Required)