Sodexo is seeking a talented Executive Chef 2 for New Mexico Military Institute – referred to as the West Point of the West - located in beautiful Roswell, NM, an hour from Albuquerque, El Paso, Lubbock, Amarillo and Los Cruces. _NMMI is a high school and two year college boarding school with a population of 1000 students - _7 days a week operation serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. This Executive Chef will oversee all aspects of Production – for Resident Dining, Retail and Catering (from boxed lunches to very high end 5 course menus for VIPs/ Govt officials.)
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility
- strong management and computer skills.
- Strong customer service experience – will be very Hands On Chef – interacting with the students and faculty.
- Seeking Bilingual candidates - the ability to communicate in Spanish would assist in managing the workforce at this location.
Why Sodexo at NMMI? _ Are you ready to start your career with Sodexo? APPLY NOW!
New Mexico Military Institute, located in Roswell, NM, is the nation's oldest State-supported, nationally accredited, coeducational college preparatory military boarding high school and junior college, offering 4-years of high school and 2 years of college. 1,000 students who come from 43 states, the District of Columbia, and 13 foreign nations.
Great outdoor living - Ski resort, Ski Apache, Ruidoso NM._
- Career Progression - unique unit - military
- There is RELOCATION ASSISTANCE for this opportunity!
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day. #LI
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.