Requisition Primary Location
We are looking for an innovative, creative and proactive individual capable of creating change and driving results.
The Account Manager will utilize their excellent customer service and retention skills to maintain an existing book of business and maintain long-term partnerships. This Account Manager's main focus will be working with our existing commercial customers to ensure their complete satisfaction with the services we provide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer retention with existing customer base
- Must demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Develop list of prospective accounts and key contacts and call on those companies to generate new business
- Enter intelligence gathered into our Salesforce CRM system for future follow up
- Meet or exceed sales activity goals for new sales on a monthly basis
- Periodic overnight travel is required, but most travel will be local
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a minimum of two years sales experience with proven results in lieu
- A Minimum of two years of experience in a sales or account management role
- Excellent written ,verbal and listening skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of Salesforce or comparable CRM tool is a plus.
- Good numeracy skills to estimate pricing and calculate margins.
- This position requires frequent driving must be able to pass an MVR check
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Infrequent light physical effort required.
- Most work is performed in a field environment. (e.g. making sales calls or onsite visits at customers).
- May require walking periodically throughout the work day.
- Frequent driving is required.
Compensation and Benefits :
- Base salary plus monthly commission
- We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)