Sodexo has a new opportunity available in Orange, CA for a Custodial Environmental Services Operations Manager 2 for CHOC Hospital of Orange County, CA! The unit operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week with an hourly workforce speaking predominately Spanish. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a Hospital environment. This position requires a flexible schedule. This is a Evening shift. Relocation is not offered at this time.
This position will work day and evening shifts and requires the flexibility to cover other time frames/shifts as needed. This position also has rotating shifts for weekend coverage. Ideal candidate will have previous experience in large custodial / housekeeping account, have an understanding of regulatory guidelines and maintain flexibility in work hours and be able to train / mentor/ motivate hourly staff in a union environment. Seeking Bilingual candidates, the ability to communicate in Spanish would be helpful in managing this workforce.
The “Hands-On” manager primarily handles day-to-day Environmental Services operational functions and ensures unit level, corporate, employee relations, safety, training, and unit operating systems compliance. Manager is responsible for customer and client interaction, custodial inspection measurements, on-going training, quality, safety, pest control and the implementation of best practices. It will also be responsible for infection control compliance, improved services, and timeliness of responses and validation of work quality. Manage and coordinate floor care team and project work.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- has in-depth knowledge of ES systems and processes including TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
- possesses strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has 3-5 years previous custodial or housekeeping management experience in a hospital or healthcare environment;
- has the ability to analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- has experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards
- has experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations
- has strong financial acumen and budget management experience
Required: Good working knowledge of state & federal employment law; solid computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; good communication and presentation skills; detailed oriented, and well organized.
Sodexo offers a competitive salary, paid training and a comprehensive benefits package including 3 of weeks of vacation. Sodexo will require a background check which verifies education, criminal, and past employment and may require a drug screen for this position. Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Environmental Service programs are in place and functioning according to design to consistently meet all company, client and regulatory requirements.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexho safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory and maintenance.
-Assumes GM responsibilities and authority in his or her absence
-Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
-Ensures compliance with application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
-Establish and/or adhere to defined operating standards, develops and implements quality improvements and ensures direct reports and staff adhere to the standards and expectations.
-Assists with Management of Environmental Service budget by ensuring full compliance to established operating standards, monitoring costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and material), and taking corrective action as needed.