Are you current in culinary trends? Do you consider yourself a modern, cutting-edge culinarian with solid background in sustainable, organic cuisines? Do you thrive in a fast paced kitchen environment? Grow your culinary career with a management position with Sodexo!
Sodexo is seeking an experienced EXECUTIVE CHEF 2 to oversee the Food Service account at Menlo College in Atherton, CA – near Palo Alto, CA. The Menlo College program has approximately 500 boarders on a traditional meal plan and expect to add several Food Retail venues this summer. High end Catering is also a component of this account.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following in your culinary “tool kit”:
- Can you “throw down” in very HIGH VOLUME production -Have experience in large volume dining with ability and knowledge to develop menus within a contract, meeting food costs and dietary requests.
- A strong artistic culinary flair – can you impress the President of a university and lead the culinary department to provide new trending ideas/menus.
- Knowledge of current culinary trends – can you compete with food trends and top chefs? do you have well developed culinary skills for Organic, sustainable and healthful daily menus.
- Have the ability to inspire a kitchen staff - Be a strong trainer/mentor to the culinary staff – elevating their skills, overseeing daily production to high standards of quality/presentation and on trend menus, and ensuring safety/sanitation.
- Seeking Bilingual Candidates – the ability to speak Spanish will help managing this workforce.
Are you a "foodie" looking for an opportunity to expand your culinary and food service career? If you have previous experience in high-volume restaurants, casino dining, campus, hospital, military or corporate accounts – Want to make the jump into Universities Food Services? This could be your dream job! Grow your culinary career with a Culinary Management position at Menlo College!
Sodexo Campus Services - committed to enhancing the learning environment on campus through world-class food and facilities services and we welcome you to join our team with this career opportunity.
We are offering RELOCATION assistance for this great opportunity!
To learn more about Menlo College, visit: www.menlo.edu
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.