Clifton Park, New York
Requisition Primary Location
County Waste has an immediate position open for aDiesel Mechanicto work on our fleet of trucks inClifton Park, NY. Diesel Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment in a family atmosphere are encouraged to apply.
**This position is eligible for a $5,000 Sign-on Bonus!!
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- The shift is approximately from 3pm-1am Monday thru Friday, and every other Saturday.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 2 Years of experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair, or completion of accredited vocational technical school program in Diesel Mechanics
- State MVR a plus.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in a drug free environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)