Sodexo is seeking a Facilities and Construction Project Manager at Central Maine Medical Center located in Lewiston, ME.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Operations and Hospital Senior Leadership, the Project Manager leads and coordinates small- to- large scale construction projects. Such as developing a new facility, the addition, expansion, or extension of an existing facility, or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management. The position will develop project budgets, make project assignments based on skill sets of contractors & vendors, build project schedules and timetables, and lead project responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. The position organizes and directs construction personnel, and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time. The position ensures compliance with local, state, federal regulations, and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services, and delivery of optimal customer service.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for construction projects.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration.
- Negotiates project contracts.
- Manages activities concerning project development and scheduling.
- Establishes and manages construction budgets.Reviews change order requests and applications for payment to prepare them for approval.
- Ensures that the health system is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations. Assists in gathering information and assembling files for State Health Inspections.
- Promotes the maintenance of a safe and accident-free work environment. Formulates general safety policies and procedures to be followed by company personnel in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Approves punch list items and compilation of project closeout documents
- Accountable for project completion and financials, Critical Success Factors, Customer Satisfaction Results
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of contracts, blue prints, building codes, cost planning and projections, and the sales process as well as fundamental knowledge of construction/remodeling.
A four-year degree or trade certification strongly preferred and experience in healthcare or a related position.
Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated capital projects. Reviews project proposal, establishes work plan and manages contractors to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Construction Management including scheduling and financial management
- Quality Control and Safety
- Project Engineering including following specifications, design adaptation by ensure design and specifications meet codes and specification
- Sub-contractor management
- Administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, minutes, maintaining documentation and customer liaison