The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
The Distribution Center Manager will be accountable for the logistical leadership of the Aldergrove facility, as well as the Edmonton facility, with direct responsibility for safety, quality, delivery, cost, efficiency, employee engagement and continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Regional Distribution Manager located in Concord, ON, this position is accountable for driving best-in-class distribution operations throughout our Aldergrove and Edmonton distribution centers, each of which has a morning and afternoon shift, and a total of 10 employees between both.
- Champion all environmental, health, and safety programs to ensure workforce well-being and compliance.
- Provide focus on Key Performance Indicators for the organization.
- Communicate often and effectively with all employees on all issues to sustain an engaged workforce.
- Participate and support the development, training, and post auditing of all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for understanding internal and external customer service expectations through establishing and maintaining effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Drive the culture towards Benjamin Moore & Co. values by providing visionary leadership; develop, implement, and champion strategies to identify and institutionalize best practices across the distribution center.
- Lead and implement continuous improvement projects to address quality material flow, throughput and productivity improvements and ensure results are sustainable.
- Drive positive change and productivity improvements through disciplined application of process improvement, metrics and targets.
- Manage financial goals, capital investment programs, budgets and operating plans.
- Measure and report financial performance metrics against budget
- Ensure compliance to all local, provincial and federal laws and regulations.
Responsible Metrics (KPI's):
- Safety -- Ensure all safety programs and requirements are met, holding the organization to the highest standards of safety and compliance
- Quality -- Responsible for all DC quality metrics including Pick Accuracy, Inventory Accuracy, Fill Rates, Damage Reduction and others
- Delivery -- Maintain and improve a high degree of On Time Ship and On Time Deliver through the Benjamin Moore Fleet (where applicable) and Common Carrier network.
- Cost -- Provide cost leadership and maintenance in all operating areas to ensure that Cost per Gallon measures are met or exceeded.
- Team -- Provide robust leadership to direct reports and the entire DC focusing on employee engagement and supporting our Core Values on a daily basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics or related discipline
- 10+ years' experience working in Logistics; 5 years of operations leadership experience.
- Lean/CI Certification an asset
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented and strong problem-solving skills.
- Rich business acumen and strong analytical skills,
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to effectively set direction, develop a team, coach, and guide, develop employees and create an environment of positive accountability.
- Brings best practices to the organization; ability to mobilize teams to seek insights from diverse data sources.
- Computer skills to include: SAP Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Business Objects.
- Demonstrated use of business systems and experience with various Supply Chain technologies (Warehouse Management Systems, Transportation Systems, Warehouse Slotting software)
- Some travel will be required