This position is a hands-on Grocery Store Management position that will support the store operations teams.
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager to be a part of the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA). DeCA is a commissary providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. The Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America's military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.
The Sodexo General Manager will have responsibilities for overseeing and managing the Deli and Bakery departments while ensuring a friendly selling approach to customers by all Sodexo associates. The General Manager is also responsible for ordering, receiving, preparation, and displaying of merchandise in accordance with Sodexo standards.
The General Manager will be responsible for daily operations and oversight of the deli and bakery departments at the Fort Bragg commissary to include responsibilities in:
- All areas of deli service operation including profit, labor, inventory, and loss prevention
- Promoting sales objectives through proper merchandising and employee training
- Providing leadership and direction to the department
- Insuring proper safety standards are maintained
The ideal candidate should have:
- Grocery store management experience required
- Experience managing a department with perishables
- Experience and expertise running bakery and cake decorating
- Strong financial skills in calculating profits and discounts
Is this opportunity right for you?
Come be a part of Sodexo's Government Services Division we serve those who serve.
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Keywords: _Bakery, Deli, Grocery, Meat, Seafood, Produce, Specialty Cheese, Customer Service
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities