Be the Culinary Leader in one of Binghamton University's four Residential Communities. A great opportunity to make your customer's day a better day through your culinary vision!
Sodexo at Binghamton University has an exciting career opportunity for an Executive Chef. The Executive Chef will support a $5M non-traditional Student Residential Board Dining operation with 8 platforms that serves 25,000 meals per week. This program serves breakfast/lunch/dinner and the Executive Chef will have culinary management responsibilities to include: Residential Dining menu planning, purchasing responsibilities, food and labor cost management, coordination, training and scheduling of culinary staff and adherence to food safety and sanitation. This Executive Chef will also support the food production for a satellite location which is a late night dining option on campus. Position focus is highly management driven with approximately a 80% management and 20% hands-on culinary split.
Typical work schedule is (will require flexibility during summer months):
Tuesday - Friday from 9am - 7pm
Saturday from 8am - 6pm
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- College/University culinary and culinary program management experience
- Experience training and leading a culinary staff (union experience a plus)
- Experience with cost containment; food and labor costs
- Experience with menu development
- Strong knowledge of HACCP/food safety/sanitation
- A culinary degree
- Culinary management experience in a high-volume setting
Consider the career possibilities with this thriving university dining program!
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.