Sodexo’s 1883 Provision Co. is seeking a highly motivated Executive Chef 2 to oversee the culinary operations for the Frank Erwin Center, located at the University of Texas in Austin. The University of Texas was founded in 1883, and is located in the heart of downtown Austin. UT proudly supports more than 500 student-athletes in a successful and broad-based NCAA Division I intercollegiate program. The Frank C. Erwin Jr. Center is a multi-purpose arena that serves as the home for both Men's and Women's Basketball.
The successful Executive Chef 2 will have prior experience managing high volume/large scale college or university culinary operations encompassing athletic dining programs, and high-end catering. This Executive Chef will create elegant and health conscious culinary experiences that exceed client expectations while enhancing client program objectives.
We are seeking Executive Chef Candidates with _proven results in the following areas:
Culinary Creativity: Follows culinary trends and innovates with health, and nutrition in mind. Must be able to translate ideas into unique menus and recipe programs.
Leadership: Ability to effectively manage and communicate with FOH Catering Management and Staff, Culinary Staff, and Key University Personnel. Must have a passion and dedication to be the best. Candidate must be highly engaged and extremely hands-on in day to day operations.
Training: Must be able to articulate and demonstrate a wide ranging variety of cooking techniques and skills for the staff (food presentation, quality, safety, proper culinary techniques)._Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages a team.
The best qualified candidates will have the following:
- Large scale College/University culinary experience;
- Strong culinary background with experience in health and nutrition;
- Emphasis on food presentation, quality, execution, menu design & implementation;
- Focus on customer service excellence as well as university wellness and sustainability initiatives
- Demonstrated experience providing strong leadership, including supervision, direction and training, to a diverse team of staff and student employees;
- Focus on food and physical safety and sanitation, HACCP and production records;
- Experience managing food and labor cost controls to meet targets;
- Understanding of food allergens and special dietary needs;
- High level of computer literacy skill-set and strong analytical skills.
Responsibilities for this culinary leader's role will include menu planning, client interaction, food forward presentation skills, food prep, inventory management, purchasing, food & labor costing, scheduling, safety/sanitation & employee training. This position will also have direct customer and client interaction.
Learn more about Sodexo’s 1883 Provision Co. at the University of Texas, Austin @ https://1883provisionco.sodexomyway.com/
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.