Melrose-Wakefield Hospital is a 234-bed non-profit hospital located in Melrose, Massachusetts. Melrose-Wakefield Hospital is affiliated with Lawrence Memorial Hospital of Medford.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Are you a strategic Facilities professional who can drive innovation with exceptional results? As you grow your career, do you want the support of an industry leader in Facilities Management?
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Are You the One?
We are seeking candidates with proven success in achieving reductions in expense through innovative projects in facility management and renovations, with technical expertise in building services including plant operations, MEP and project management for re-engineering initiatives. You also may oversee contract labor for electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire safety equipment, security systems and building hardware.
If you excel at unit profitability, account savings, client satisfaction, safety and quality, we want to hear from you!
Under the direction of the District Manager, the Facilities Director (FD) is responsible for all campus systems, mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, low voltage, demolition, ILSM Process, architectural, landscape, and NFPA 101 Life Safety Regulatory requirements. Responsible for all operational and capital budgets for all areas under construction and life safety. Responsible for the development and implementation of system framework to support asset management program and preservation of the hospital Infrastructure system wide. Responsible for the support of the Hospital and Departmental Mission of providing a safe and respectful environment for all hospital individuals.
Provides the direction, oversight, and coordination of all functions and activities of the Facilities Management Departments, including Engineering, Plant Operations, and Facilities Management. The Facilities Director will assume overall responsibility for the safe and efficient functioning, maintenance and operation of all buildings, equipment, machinery, systems, and grounds keeping. Will direct, plan, coordinate and is administratively and professionally responsible for the proper installation, operation and maintenance of uninterrupted light, heat, power, water, and monitoring systems of all health system buildings and services. The Director has oversight of budgets, staffing, short and long range planning, program development, policy and procedure for all Facilities department, construction/renovation operations, landscape operations, campus planning, skilled trades’ contractors, maintenance and repair programs and energy management. Work in partnership with the owner representative for construction activities. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services and delivery of optimal customer service.
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors and construction managers.
- Directs, manages and coordinates with the functional authority for planning, organization, control and integration to ensure completion of projects.
- Negotiates project contracts with the direction of Senior Leadership .
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Establishes and manages budgets and productivity targets. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all time.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with DNV, Life Safety preparedness, OSHA, Air/ Water preparation compliance and document requirements.
- Ensures that the health system is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- plant operations and maintenance management experience in an health care environment;
- experience with the Join Commission, Environment of Care (EOC), OSHA and Life Safety requirements;
- strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, fire protection, safety systems, civil, low voltage, demolition, architectural and energy management;
- business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- excellent customer service and communication skills;
- staff development and team building experience;
- Certified Health Care Facilities Manager (CHFM) is a plus; and
- a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields preferred
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.