Job #70563 - Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager (II) for Glendale Home in Scotia, New York. This is a 200 Resident Skilled Nursing and Rehab Community located 30 minutes from Albany and Saratoga Springs; in the Village of Schenectady. We have 5 decentralized neighborhoods with 40 Residents in each where we provide dining services.
In this role, you oversee food production, food safety, and sanitation, will assist with set up and delivery of catered events. Position conducts daily meal rounds with Residents and works closely with other departments and our clients to provide optimal dining service and program enhancements.
Reporting to the Dining Director, you will assist with food & labor costs controls, supervision of 40 union employees, and conduct self-audits to monitor standards and compliance. Your success will be measured by your ability to effectively manage in a union environment with the goal of building strong team relationships and Resident Satisfaction through amazing dining experiences.
Your Skills Check List for this Position:
Some Formal Training and a Servsafe Certified
Senior Dining experience and strong leadership skills
Detailed knowledge of HACCP and Depart of Health Regulations
Hands on skills with food production and standard recipes
Experience managing & training 40 hourly union employees
Ability to conduct meal rounds for customer satisfaction goals
Experience with inventory and on-line ordering
Computer skills; Microsoft & food management systems
Working knowledge of Geri-Menu would be ideal
Work place safety training and self-audit experience
Typical schedule runs 11:30am-8pm with rotating weekends & holidays (7:30am-4pm).
Residents are the heart of everything we do and we welcome you to join our team!
Sodexo Benefits at a glance;
Sodexo - A world leader in Food and Facilities Management Services
Provides supervision for multi-functional food service areas at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit through the implementation of Sodexo programs while executing against Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and customer satisfaction for multi-functional food service areas to ensure account retention and positive public relations
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards
- Utilizes Sodexo resources and programs to ensure operating standards and regulatory requirements are met and employees have the necessary equipment and inventory
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate in order drive a high-level of employee engagement