The ideal candidate will have the following:
· _College/University/Campus General Manager management experience;
· _Experience directing salaried managers and hourly staff;
· _Strong financial acumen - experience writing and managing budgets;
· _Experience with residential dining, retail, and catering;
· _Experience with food sanitation/safety and HACCP programs;
· _Customer-driven and strong track record of organizational development;
· _Experienced with marketing and promoting food programs;
· _Ability to skillfully interact with client building strong relationships;
· _Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to manage in a union environment;
· _Strong focus on student engagement!
Texas Southern University possesses an impressive array of more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs and concentrations, a diverse faculty, 80-plus student organizations, and an extensive alumni network comprised of educators, entrepreneurs, public servants, lawyers, pilots, artists, and more, many of whom are change agents on the local, national and international stage. Nestled upon a sprawling 150-acre campus, Texas Southern University is one of the nation’s largest historically black universities.
Our academic curriculum is organized into eleven colleges and schools that continue to serve as cornerstones for developing the greatest potential in leaders from various socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Some of TSU’s well-known graduates include the late U.S. Congresswoman Barbara Jordan and U.S. Congressman George “Mickey” Leland.
Texas Southern University is heralded as a pioneer and has distinguished itself by producing a significant number of African American students who have obtained post-secondary and advanced degrees. The university’s enrollment has grown from 2,303 students to more than 9,200 undergraduate and graduate students from across the world. Although initially established to educate African Americans, Texas Southern University has become one of the most diverse institutions in Texas.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Directs all contract services.
- Oversees management/administrative team who are responsible for special functions, cash control and payroll.
- Customer and client satisfaction
- Drives growth
- Financial management