Sodexo is seeking an Operations Manager 3 for Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. Located in metro-Milwaukee, WI, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, a part of the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, is one of the top children’s hospitals in the nation and licensed for 296 beds. This is a highly visible role that will challenge you to bring your best each day!
Reporting to the General Manager, you will lead retail and food production operations for our full-service, 24/7, high-volume Cafeteria, and a culinary team that supports retail, At Your Request [AYR] room service patient dining and catering. This position regularly interacts with patients through our Chef-to-Child program, collaborates with the CHW RD team to facilitate monthly Dining with the Dietitian tastings, coordinates regularly scheduled patient and family centered events such as Dinner on the House, Prom and Winter Carnival (just to name a few), and CHW board of director meeting support.
Responsibilities will include [but are not limited to]: leading approximately 50 talented Sodexo hourly employees, budget ownership commensurate with span of control, menu planning, cash handling/management, inventory control, marketing/signage, ensuring operating standards meet and exceed benchmarks, adherence to HACCP principles, training, and direct patient and customer interaction. A full renovation of the Cafeteria was completed in December 2015, and the kitchen will soon undergo a renovation to a state-of-art At Your Request [AYR] patient room service program in 2018.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a collaborative leader, a passionate culinarian, patient, family, and customer experience focused, possess strong financial acumen to meet budgetary objectives, and eager to build and maintain strong client relationships. This position requires strong communication skills, both written and oral, an in-depth understanding of production and retail systems and computer skills to support daily operations [to include the Microsoft Suite]. Healthcare and P&L experience is a plus.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies