Job Purpose: Responsible for New Business Development via prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing Bergkamp Inc. equipment and products within an assigned geographic territory. To help increase sales and customer service throughout Latin America by developing a distributor network
- Identifies new markets and distributors within Latin America.
- Cultivates and manage a strong distributor network in territory.
- Sells equipment and parts in areas not served by distributor.
- Manages distributor and customer relationships through all phases of sales cycle.
- Provides account management to the Latin American territory.
- Provides training, information and support to distributor network.
- Educates distributors on new products and latest pavement preservation techniques and advances.
- Assists distributors with their marketing efforts to increase sales.
- Supports the company in their dealings with Spanish speaking clients (translations, travel, etc.)
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Participates in local, national and international trade shows and conventions as an exhibitor.
- Uses marketing skills to maintain company’s branding and imagery standards in Latin America.
- Assists in the maintenance of the company’s Spanish language website.
- Assists in the translation and development of Spanish language materials.
- Contributes to team effort by actively participating in team meetings.
- Develop and maintain prospect and customer list based on strategic marketing data and other sources for sales leads.
- Provides a consultative solutions sales process to prospects.
- Assist Customer Business Unit in demonstrating to customers, Bergkamp equipment and machines as well as machine maintenance and repair.
- Provide customer service and relations with focus on operation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Assembles promotional packages for mailing to prospects.
- Makes travel arrangements as applicable for upcoming trade shows or equipment demonstrations.
- Prepares goals and objectives for upcoming calendar year.
- Documents dealer and customer success stories.
- Determines projections and budgets.
- Prepares expense reports.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent, plus a minimum of one to three years sales experience or other related experience generally required.
- Background in civil or mechanical engineering preferred but not required.
- Bilingual; ability to speak, read, write or use other means of communication within territory.
- Overnight domestic and international travel, including weekends may be required 60 to 75% of the time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate detailed information to customers, coworkers and management.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact in a positive and professional manner to develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, coworkers and management.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, procedure manuals, blue prints (schematics), and job instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to operate computer and computer software, to include Microsoft Office products.
- Possess confidence and tenacity.
- Ability to use department equipment such as cell phone, computer, copy machine, and fax machine.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, kneel, climb stairs and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment is usually a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. Occasional exposure to outside elements. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally high. This position requires constant travel, which may involve exposure to extreme weather elements.