More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
If you are selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive a link to the online Duke Energy Customer Care Assessment immediately after applying. You will have until 11:59pm on the date you apply to complete the Assessment. Timely completion of the Assessment is required in order for you to be further considered for this position. The assessment will be timed.
Are you a positive people person with customer care and/or call center experience? Are you a confident communicator with an upbeat attitude who is fluent in both English and Spanish? Do you enjoy helping people make decisions in a timely, efficient manner and point them in the right direction?
If so, Duke Energy is looking YOU!
In addition to a starting rate of $16.00/hour and $1.00/hour language premium pay, this position includes an incentive program with the opportunity to earn hundreds of extra dollars in your paycheck!
Your major responsibilities will include:
- Building genuine connections with your customers and being a great ambassador for the Duke Energy brand all while listening to the customer anticipating their needs and offering solutions
- Arriving on time and adhering to your schedule
- Being an engaged customer advocate
- Meeting or exceeding performance targets
- Thinking on your feet and learning in an ever-changing environment
- Handling your customers needs with integrity and empathy in one transaction
- Accurately navigating and maneuvering through multiple computer applications and screens simultaneously
- Managing your time, recording it accurately and inputting it according to the companys quality standards
- Actively engaging and participating in training and weekly coaching sessions
- Working on your own initiative and participating fully as part of a team under the guidance of a coach
- Adapting to constant change, i.e. program offerings, computer tools, process changes being your best, on purpose, every time
- Being your best, on purpose, every time
As a successful applicant, you:
- Have customer service experience
- Possess a warm, friendly and engaging personality with a confident telephone manner
- Demonstrate good organizational skills
- Show a strong sense of responsibility and desire to get things done properly
- Are self-aware and understand the impact of your own performance and behavior
- Are highly self-motivated without self-importance
- Consistently act as a collaborative team player striving for the success of the business
- Have a passion for serving and are able to demonstrate tenacity and persistence
- Are motivated by results
- Communicate clearly and with confidence
- Thrive when working within deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a positive rapport in challenging situations
- Present yourself well with a positive, proactive and professional approach
General Job Information:
Starting pay is $16.00 per hour in addition to $1.00/hour language premium pay.
Specialists are generally awarded shifts during an annual schedule bid and will work those shifts for 12 months. However, based upon business need your schedule may change at any time throughout the year. Our care centers are a 24 hour / 7 days per week operation. Representatives are expected to be on-call and work extended hours as well as mandatory overtime to support higher call volumes during times of inclement weather or other major events. Specialists are front-line employees just like our service technicians if the power is out or there is a major weather event affecting power, they are expected to be here to serve our customers. We are open on holidays, for which you may sign up or be drafted to work during those times.
Successful candidates will receive extensive training to ensure they are knowledgeable and prepared to handle customer issues. The training will begin on or shortly after your first day of employment and is expected to last 7 weeks. The training classes and schedule will vary according to location and position. During the training period, your consistent and reliable attendance will be required. Your continued employment will be contingent on successful completion of the training program.
- High School diploma or GED
- One year customer service experience (may include call center, hospitality, retail, etc.), either by phone or face to face
- Must be bilingual English/Spanish. Bilingual Candidates must be fluent in Spanish and English, must be able to read and translate from English to Spanish. (Minimum of two years of customer interaction or customer support experience is strongly preferred, either by phone or face to face)
- Some college or college degree
- 2+ years customer service experience (may include call center, hospitality, retail, etc.), preferably to include call center
- Experience promoting products and services in a call center environment
- Effective listening and communication skills and the ability to interact with external and/or internal customers in a professional, courteous and empathetic manner
- Ability to build trust and loyalty with customers, handle confidential information and act with integrity at all times
- Willingness to work in an environment that requires 100% phone-based customer interaction
- Ability to multi-task and navigate between multiple computer systems quickly and accurately while maintaining a dialogue with customers and meeting performance expectations
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule as described in the General Job Information section
Travel RequirementsNot required
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)No
Visa Sponsored PositionNo
Posting Expiration DateFriday, March 16, 2018
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.