Sodexo University Dining is seeking an Executive Chef 2 at Mansfield University in beautiful Mansfield PA, home of the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. Reporting to the General Manager, the Executive Chef for this small campus will be responsible for $3_ million in annual sales with 8_00_ student boarders. This business consists of a student residential b_oard dining operation, $500K_ in retail food business and _$150K_ in catering._ The Executive Chef will direct a culinary team consisting of up to three_ Sous Chefs and hourly culinary staff.
We are seeking culinary managers with the following in their toolkits:
- College/University culinary and culinary management experience
- Catering culinary experience
- A culinary degree
- Experience with food and labor management systems
- Experience leading and training a culinary staff
- Experience with on-line ordering systems
- Excellent management skills with the ability to wear multiple hats
- A strong attention to detail and a high focus on food presentation/menu planning
- Excellent communication skills
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.