Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities / Engineering Operations Manager 2 supporting a mid-size school district 30 mile south of Dallas, TX.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Are you a strategic Facilities professional who can drive innovation with exceptional results? As you grow your career, do you want the support of an industry leader in Facilities Management?
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Are you the one?
Reporting to the Facilities Director you will _provide daily direct supervision and technical expertise to mechanical, electrical, plumbing and grounds technicians and work collaboratively with custodial manager to achieve operational excellence.
- 3+ years management/ supervisory experience with facilities/ maintenance;
- Solid knowledge and experience with _unscheduled maintenance and preventative maintenance for HVAC, preferably with rooftop units;
- working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems, (knowledge of Maximo preferred but not required);
- knowledge and experience managing budgets;
- small scale project management experience preferred;
- Extraordinary customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building.
Sodexo offers you a competitive salary, paid training, extensive education and continuous learning opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package designed with work-life balance in mind that includes 3 weeks of vacation plus additional sick time during the first year of employment
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
More transactional; daily interaction with hourly staff and SPOC. Supervises hourly staff and is the first line of response for customers. Focuses on emergency work orders and safety.
• Implementing SDX procedures/programs to achieve operational goals/performance in managing – mechanical – Hard FM – Electric, plumber, HVAC, and mechanical; carpentry (would fall under skilled mechanical).
• Scope – number of management technicians/generalists? Or trades? / level of interaction with client vs chain of command / unit financial responsibility / safety /
• Number of buildings / square footage levels / level of sophisticated systems – HVAC / electronics / Labs
• Level of self-performed tasks vs. contractor management/ staffing levels may be less than Healthcare – more redundancy of systems; HC more regulatory “Joint Commission which dictates more annual/planned processes
• Preventive and corrective maintenance; predictive maintenance.
• Greater than 500k sq ft; over 10 – 12 trades
• Day to day management of the maintenance operations of the account. Oversight communication workflow management; Building trades and mechanical trades – electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC (Hard FM) – Scope of responsibility is greater for a Manager 2 – more technical and more management; may have a Manager 1 reporting this position
Critical 1 – Mechanically competent
Critical 2 – People skills – communication/mgmt.
Interpersonal skills important
Scope may mandate this position; technical competency level may also be a differentiator
Supervision of all outside contractors/vendors for site
Responsible for overseeing facilities staff, training and hr functions for unit
Financial= labor, inventory, supplies, UFS
Performs facilities maintenance functions as required.
Manages events (schools)
Communicates directly with customers
Responsible for CMMS
Implement SDX programs/ procedures/ policies/ systems
Safety – client and SDX employee safety
Mechanical systems – maintaining operational capability of mechanical systems
Multiple buildings requiring mechanical systems oversight
Scheduling and work flow management – greater scope