Sodexo currently has a job opportunity for a Food Operations Manager, to join our food services healthcare team at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD. The Operations Manager will report directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for day to day oversight of patient food service satisfaction, operational effectiveness at this unit. The Food Operations Manager will have demonstrated culinary and management experience. The successful candidate should have a culinary degree (preferred), will be required to have excellent culinary skills, knowledge of HACCP principles, leadership and communication skills. Must be able to identify problems and be prepared to resolve them to the satisfaction of our clients. This position duties will include but will not be limited to menu planning and implementation, AYR, executive dining, client interaction and retention.
Additional Job Responsibilities include:
- Oversees and is responsible for the success of the Patient Services
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of meals, nourishments, and snacks to patients.
- Conducts patient rounding with patients.
- Responsible for identifying process improvement initiatives and overseeing the implementation.
- Oversees around 75 employees in the department.
- Ensures that employees demonstrate an active customer hospitality orientation towards both clients and customers.
- Integrate fully within our client’s organization by becoming a trusted advisor with a customer service focus.
- Responsible for driving patient satisfaction results.
- Regularly analyzes patient satisfaction data and implements additional measurements and action plans in these areas to achieve optimal unit performance.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Must meets (or exceed) Sodexo standards of operations.
- Creates a positive environment and successfully motivates and manages team.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Preferred Culinary Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
- Basic Functional Experience - 4 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for? Apply TODAY!
At Sodexo Health Care, Patients are the heart of everything we do and we strive to make working for our company a great experience. We offer a wide array of employee benefits aimed at improving the quality of life for all our employees. Take a sneak peek at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being:
Sodexo is the 18th largest employer worldwide and prides itself with great work-life balance opportunities. Sodexo is a stable company offering robust benefit packages for its employees. Come join an industry leader and be part of making everyday a better day with Sodexo!
Please visit our Network with Us page and become a member of Sodexo Careers LinkedIn group at !
Connect, Search and Apply all on the go with the Sodexo Jobs App! Available for smart phones and BlackBerry device
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies