Food Production Manager 2
Relocation Assistance Available!
Located in the heart of the Midwest, Sodexo at Western Illinois University is seeking a skilled Food Production Manager 3 for Western Illinois University located in Macomb, IL (Macomb is located 1.5 hours away from Springfield, Quad Cities and Peoria). WIU is a large campus in a family community serving more than 11,000 students at its traditional, residential four-year university.
As our Production Manager you will be charged with driving culinary excellence in our large volume catering department. Position will oversee up to 6 associates. Responsibilities will include: ordering, "hands on" production, scheduling, working with clients to design menus and recipes for catering events.
Ideal candidate will have:
The Macomb, IL area is ideal for raising a family and rural living. Consider joining a growing team at Western Illinois University! It’s a large campus in a small town atmosphere
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards