Sodexo is looking for a Food Production Manager 2 in White Plains, NY
White Plains Hospital is a leading healthcare provider in Westchester County and home to many renowned programs and services. The Hospital offers much of the technology and specialty care usually found at large teaching hospitals, and combines it with compassionate care close to home.
At White Plains Hospital your care, comfort and safety are our greatest concerns. We know that under many circumstances some tests and procedures can be safely performed outside the hospital in other types of healthcare settings. However, sometimes unexpected reactions or complications may occur. It is reassuring to know that the full breadth of hospital services is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the event such a situation occurs.
As the Food Production Manager you will need a strong presence in the hospital and with the staff as an expert and leader for White Plains Hospital's Food and Nutrition Department. Oversees the Purchasing of all raw goods, the preparation and execution of all patient meals, cafeteria and catering services. Also contributes to the management of the cafeteria and meal delivery staff.
Must possess a keen eye for quality preparation and presentation. Should possess skills in teaching and staff development, food and supply cost controls, safety and sanitation, and working as one of the leaders among a team of managers. Strong focus on patient and customer satisfaction. Frequently conducts patient meal rounds, tray accuracy and quality audits, and monitors all elements of HACCP, OSHA, NSF, and general safety standards.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Food Service Management jobs here. _#LI
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards