The Petersen Events Center is a 12,508-seat multi-purpose arena on the campus of the University of Pittsburgh in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It hosts the men's and women's Pitt Panthers basketball teams. Sodexo's University Dining Division is seeking a top-notch Executive Chef who will support this high-volume events center providing catering services for suites for athletics, concert events and more!
As Executive Chef, you will be recognized as the technical expert, teacher and trainer for other chefs and cooks within this unit. This role oversees all culinary staff and a Sous Chef. We are seeking an Executive Chef who has a passion for culinary excellence and enjoys working in a pace-paced, high-volume events setting. The Executive Chef is responsible for hands-on culinary planning and catering food production for the events center. Additional duties include overseeing food purchasing, monitoring production levels and inventory controls, recipe compliance, implementing and training HACCP, interviewing and hiring new chefs, managing/controlling food and labor cost issues and offering solutions when needed.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the ideal Executive Chef candidate will possess:
- Experience in a culinary leadership capacity in a high-volume, quality-focused operation with large-scale cooking and food production experience.
- Experience in managing and developing successful teams.
- Proven track record of maintaining high standards with regard to sanitation, quality and guest satisfaction.
- Proven track record of leading and driving systems and processes within a high volume food environment.
- Be a food-focused, customer service professional with great communications skills and drive.
- Creativity with food; the ability to think out of the box to “wow” our clients.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Previous experience running $3-5M in annual sales
The Petersen Event Center is located in the hert of Oakland. It is home to the Pittsburgh Panthers baskball team as well as some very high end concerts and dinners.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.