SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for managing the design and engineering of technology services including cloud platforms, monitoring, predictive/prescriptive analytics, user interfaces and support applications. Work includes the development of technical talent, organizational planning, process improvements and working with the Product Management team to develop strategic product and business plans. Reporting into this position are the functional managers for cloud, monitoring, analytics, and applications.
- Applies knowledge of organizational and management skills to build, maintain and coordinate a highly technical development group producing industry leading data driven services in a global market.
- Grow the capabilities of a team to meet the changing demands of new product development
- Knowledge of the engineering processes required to design, test and release services.
- Demonstrates an ability to plan, acquire and manage state of the art technologies needed to develop service architectures.
- Provides a social environment that is inclusive and conducive to the development of state of the art services in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for the patent and legal activity regarding intellectual property creation
- Remains abreast of technical trends in the industry that could impact service performance, size, cost and quality.
- Ensures adherence to policies relating to the highest Standards of Business Conduct.
- Leadership / Change
- Foster a climate of diversity and teamwork, rewarding and recognizing high performance with open, honest communication that supports Rockwell Automation values.
- Create and foster the vision and the strategy for continuous productivity and quality improvements.
- Develop new processes to better coordinate work flow between CSM development and delivery groups with functions outside of the business including Strategic Sourcing, SSB, CVB, ISPB, PCB and Quality.
- Establish metrics that can be used to measure the performance of the organization and can be used as a tool to improve over time.
- Establish and maintain peer relationships across all of Rockwell Automation's technical communities.
- Clearly demonstrates an openness to new ideas and is willing to work with other teams outside of this business.
- Provides a mentoring role model for employees who desire the support.
- Demonstrates the ability to reach consensus quickly when working with groups of diverse backgrounds, cultures or divisions.
- Fosters a creative environment that is conducive for teaming both in meetings and in the general work space.
- Creates technical strategic plans consistent with the goals of the division. Determines annual budget requirements for the operating plan.
- Identifies competitive threats and new technology that can be a differentiator in the market.
- Provides sound solutions to cost, performance and time to market tradeoffs.
- Applies resources and sets spending levels that are appropriate to achieve the financial performance of the business.
- Able to clearly articulate Rockwell Automation's values and objectives.
- Understands the business impact of customer satisfaction and responds appropriately to new business opportunities, field problems and ongoing customer demands.
- Manages complex technology partnerships to yield scalable architecture
- B.S. in engineering, computer science, business or a related field.
- 5+ years management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large technical team.
- Exposure to advanced technology, quality and sourcing.
- Experience managing the design and engineering of technology services such as cloud platforms, monitoring, predictive/prescriptive analytics, user interfaces and support applications.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- MS Azure IoT
- Industrial Automation..( i.e.PLC drives)
- Information software, ( i.e. analytic applications, MES)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians, Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Village - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.