- At least 7 years of demonstrated transportation/logistics management & procurement experience required
- 10+ years of overall business experience required
- Bachelors degree required in Business, Analytics, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Statistics, or other related degrees
- American Production & Inventory Control (APICS) certification preferred
- Project Management experience required
- Working knowledge of JDA/TMS software or equivalent platforms along with Transportation Market external tools such as FTR and DAT preferred
- Must have expert level skills in quantitative, data, data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview). & MS office products
- Carrier Management experience preferred
- Must be self-motivated to accomplish department goals
- Must be able to manage without direct supervision
- Must have the ability to lead a team
- Must be flexible with unplanned assignments, reprioritization of tasks
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
Key Words: Supply Chain/Logistics; 3PL; Transportation Management (TM); Brokerage; Carrier Relations; APICS; JDA; Reading, PA; Beachwood, OH; Dearborn, MI; Duluth, GA