The Project Manager - Customer Implementation serves as the primary conduit for implementing business initiatives related to Transportation Management Services (TMS) for new or existing customers. The position is highly
consultative and is responsible for leading diverse cross-functional teams within both the customer and Penske organization. This role is regarded as the subject matter expert for Project / Program Management, Operational Execution, Freight Payment, Customer Billing, Carrier Management and Information Technology solutions to support the TM Product.
- Full Life Cycle Project Plan Creation / Administration & ongoing facilitation
- This role has the following primary responsibilities, all in an effort to deliver to the customer the project on time, on budget and of high quality:
-Define the project plan to encompass contractual deliverables found within Schedule A of the executed contract
-Management of Scope or Change Requests
-Management of Project Risk Items thru to their resolution
-Facilitates the completion of Business
- Sales Project Planning Support for New Business Development/Growth of TM Product
- Facilitating Project Meetings, Steering Committee Calls, and leading overall Team Collaboration efforts
- Resolution of multiple types of issues (personnel, customer disappointment, delinquent milestones, and production support emergencies). Leverage all practical resources to understand the issue, evaluate options for resolution, and enact those solutions.
- Process documentation utilizing tools such as MS Visio or MS Power Point. Construct visual process maps of current statue solutions, future state solutions calling out areas of change.
- Other projects as assigned by the Sr. Project Manager