Grow your career in a Management position with Sodexo! Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager at Tacoma, WA
Sodexo currently has a job available for a Chef Manager to join our Food Service Team at Frank Tobey Jones, in Tacoma, Washington; a CCRC account which is home to over 150 Residents. This position will report directly to the General Manager and works closely with the management team on menu development, resident relations, employee training, and innovative dining activities at this outstanding account.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Provides hands on leadership and direction for around 35 employees in the back of the house operations.
- Oversees food service production and service for resident dining and catering for this quality driven environment.
- Oversees all aspects of the inventory, purchasing, cost analysis, cost controls, safety and sanitation.
- Responsible for scheduling and meeting the labor cost goals for this account.
- Leads, directs and trains employees to continually improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Manages the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS), and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Provides ongoing training and coaching to the dining team, including Sodexo required training.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensures compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Drives resident satisfaction through offering superior food quality.
Ideally, qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Strong culinary experience desired.
- Experience with food service operations in restaurant, hotel or senior living environment is desired.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a food service team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management/training skillset.
- Background in catering, including menu planning, food production, and food presentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers at all levels. This position will have direct resident and client contact.
- A Focus on food consistency and quality and ability to positively impact resident satisfaction through food presentation and quality.
- Ability to successfully engage, lead and develop a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem solve and manage projects as well as take on additional duties as needed.
- Ability to be flexible with schedule, as this position will require working some weekends and holidays.
- Experience in resort, retirement community, country clubs or restaurants is ideal.
- Excellent computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- ServSafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
- Experience managing in a union environment is desired.
- 7:30A- 6:00P, typical schedule but may vary based on business need.
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for, Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
page and consider signing up
for our Career Connections eNewsletter.
Take a sneak peek at how Sodexo can contribute to your well-being: http://bit.ly/yPf9G. _#
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.