Sodexo is seeking an experienced Executive Chef for one of our Universities segment accounts in Lindsborg, KS. Bethany College is a residential Liberal Arts College. We provide on and off campus catering, and we are a vendor of choice for the local convention center. We are seeking an Executive Chef to help grow our business, improve satisfaction and elevate the performance of our production staff. Lindsborg is a community of 3500 known as "Little Sweeden, USA" located just off I-135 midway between Salina and MCPherson, KS.
This Chef will manage culinary operations of $1.5 million resident dining location. Successful candidates will have the ability to train on proper cooking techniques and presentation, knowledge of HACCP and safety standards, ability to control cost of goods and train staff on proper production standards. Candidates should also have working knowledge of menu development software, and ability to conduct cooking demonstrations for staff and clients. Seeking candidates with the ability to drive and foster an innovative culinary team while managing high volume, and ability to work with management team and staff.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
- Previous catering experience
Provides culinary leadership within a small sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution
-Executes the culinary function
-Customer & Client satisfaction
-Manages food & physical safety program.