San Simeon by the Sound Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation is a community-based not-for-profit, 120-bed skilled nursing, rehabilitation and adult day care facility located on the storied North Fork of Long Island. Governed by a board of directors comprised of volunteers from varied professional backgrounds, San Simeon is a top-rated alternative for East End families to help care for their loved ones while helping them maintain the independence they desire.
Reporting to the Food Service General Manager, the ideal candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with experience in long term care/sub-acute rehab.
- Provide nutritional care to the LTC residents and sub-acute rehab patients.
- Have experience with electronic charting and the NCP
- Meet DOH/state/federal and company standards.
- Represent the Food & Nutrition Department as the primary liaison with the medical and nursing staff.
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with seniors to make every day a better day for our clients and residents.
For more information, click here:
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexho resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..