A Project Administrator processes orders for materials, product or services at the direction of a Project Manager or from direct customer contact. He or she maintains the project status during the entire phase of the project including planning, control, execution, shipment and invoicing. Potential applicants maintain customer records with sales contracts and other information. Also, this position gives price quotations, completes order sheets and checks the price and quantity of each item listed. Lastly, candidates must coordinate order details with various personnel and departments and potentially resolve matters regarding order status, shipping dates, prices, product availability and back orders. Follows established procedures and guidelines, performs a wide variety of project and/or proposal support administration duties for assigned business or project team(s). Performs other administrative duties as directed by assigned manager. Responds with urgency to internal and external customer requests for information and assistance. Responsible for monitoring timeliness of customer invoicing and payment. Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental, environmental, safety, quality and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position. Responsible for meeting schedule, project administration hours and customer satisfaction targets for own activities in support of the project team. Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
- Works on job assignments that are commiserate with the Job Level (moderate to complex projects)
- Processes business system transactions, obtains appropriate review per published business procedures/guidelines, and processes orders/invoices/ account receivables tracking and issue resolution via the business system.
- Responsible for gathering and summarizing data to support orders, budget and schedule forecasting for projects and for overall business team.
- Participates in utilization planning, tracking, and exception reporting.
- Performs material tracking, shipping / receiving functions.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals
- Frequently interacts with peers and customers to exchange or present factual information
- Interacts with customer and vendor personnel to assure project progress to meet customer requirements.
- Interacts with project management, engineering, assembly, purchasing, and finance personnel in a multiple project team environment.
- Responds with urgency to internal and external customer requests for information and assistance.
- Responsible for monitoring timeliness of customer invoicing and payment.
- Responsible for meeting schedule, project administration hours and customer satisfaction targets for own activities in support of the project team
- One year of business or technical post secondary education
- Minimum of 2 years Customer related experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or other technical field
- Proven organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-motivation are essential.
- Experience with SAP and/or IFS.
- 6 years related experience in a project-oriented environment.
- Previous experience with office automation equipment and Microsoft Office suite.
- Able to work in a high volume environment and successful ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work Overtime as needed/required (this usually applies during month end)
Control Products and Solutions
Supply Chain and Operations
No. of Positions:
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.