Core member of Fabrication Services team supporting existing production tooling, internally and externally. Responsible for the project management of replacement injection mold tooling and processes to production in support of Business Unit's and Operation's strategic objectives. Will work on intercompany projects of medium / high complexity and scope. May perform multiple and parallel activities across projects. Works with others on project issues to develop various resolution options.
Leads and works with technical resources on inter-functional projects to achieve key factors of project success, which include; project schedule, project cost, product cost, process / product quality, and transferability to manufacturing. Applies engineering problem solving skills in determining technical objectives of assignments while establishing and implementing corrective action plans where necessary.
- Demonstrate experience in project management, to include, assessing, planning, and replacing existing plastic injection molds through production qualification: able to develop part and injection mold cost estimates, identify alternatives and their tradeoffs, manage project schedules and drive team members on multiple concurrent injection mold replacements to completion.
- Demonstrate experience in plastic tool design and evaluation to review mold repair requests and discern if need, cost, and duration of repairs are reasonable.
- Participate in commodity-level meetings with partners in Strategic Sourcing, Quality, and Production to identify opportunities for improvements in tool spend and strategic partnerships with suppliers.
- Utilize tool building and processing expertise to benchmark and technically evaluate production facilities and/or external suppliers.
- Utilize processing and design expertise to interact with internal engineers and external suppliers to resolve part design and manufacturability issues.
- Be technically proficient in the field of plastics to interact with experts in new areas of these technologies to research, develop and incorporate new found knowledge to help support Rockwell's future design needs.
- Experience in the aspects of project management including determining project scope, developing and managing project budgets, developing project specifications, interfacing with project stakeholders and managing suppliers.
- Resolve complex process issues, reduce variation and deploy best practices globally.
- EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- B.S. degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the areas of plastics processing, part and tool design.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in project management, global or regional in scope.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Possess knowledge in new product development processes, manufacturing assembly environments, and associated business systems.
- Asset management knowledge, to include: planning, budgeting, schedules and suppliers through implementation and product life.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and ability to present technical information.
- MoldFlow experience.
- PMP Certification.
- certification, Greenbelt or Blackbelt.
- Experience with MS Office and CAD software applications; Pro/ENGINEER & MS Project.
- Two years of experience with an Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) systems, preferably SAP.
Travel may be required (5-10% international, 5-10% domestic)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified, Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
Operations & Engineering Services
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.