Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
We have positions available throughout our Interior, Exterior and Product Evaluation Labs in our R&D Facility located in Flanders, New Jersey. You will assist our Chemists in insuring our labs are able to initiate and execute a multitude of testing procedures.
- Prepare and test coatings independently according to verbal and written instructions
- Perform assigned duties in multiple labs under the direction of chemists with minimal guidance and within established procedures
- Ability to work cross-functionally in numerous labs under multiple team leaders
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately document findings and clearly communicate results
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintain laboratory notebook and input computer data when required
- Maintain, calibrate and clean laboratory equipment
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow best practices in work procedures
- Maintain lab supplies and raw materials
- Associate degree in a science discipline preferred
- Ability to read and understand written instructions provided by lab personnel and MSDS sheets
- Experience with Laboratory Physical and Chemical Testing (viscosity, pH, color evaluation, paint synthesis)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented, works collaboratively with others
- Results driven, strong attention to detail
- 1-2 years internship or employment in a manufacturing / laboratory environment preferred
- Knowledge of standard paint testing and or manufacturing processes preferred
- Color matching experience by eye or color spectrophotometer a plus