SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the bidding process within an assigned vertical or region for system solutions opportunities. (Project assignments are commiserate with the Job Level; moderate to complex.) Owns and manages all proposal activities within a defined vertical market, working closely with the Application Engineer, commercial and delivery teams based upon customer requirements and needs. Particular emphasis placed on establishing all pricing information, performing risk analysis and mitigation strategies, delimiting the scope of supply within documents, validating and endorsing the technical solution. The Proposal person is be responsible for collecting user requirements, document scope, integrate multidisciplinary information toward accurate estimations, solutions and technical & commercial proposals.
- Responsible for the development of accurate proposal estimates and documents using standard tools/templates and procedures
- Works with Application Engineers and delivery resources to establish a value proposition, competitive positioning, and pricing strategies to maximize revenue and gross margin dollars while minimizing risk based on scope identification of system requirements in RFQ documents.
- Establish mitigation strategies by performing risk analysis working closely with Contracts & Negotiations. Assure proper definition and delimitation of scope is properly stated within documentation.
- Responsible for preparing architectures/hardware configuration based on Rockwell Automation best practices and product published design considerations. Review and coordinate within the technical Rockwell Automation group the architectures and total engineering time.
- Responsible for following all company DOA policies and procedures. An understanding of the proposal process, and the skills associated with proposal management, procedures and generation (i.e. iPE procedures, writing, costing, margin, Terms & Conditions, etc.).
- Identifies and drives process improvement opportunities to increase quality, speed and cost productivity. Continuously develop tools and templates to help proposal development.
- Uses creative and innovative approaches to deliver value to both customers and the company. Understands the Rockwell Automation product landscape, as well as emerging technologies, and educate resources on new and innovative business solutions for our customers.
- Use business acumen to foster cross-functional relations and act a key partner as the customer liaison and business partner/vendor coordinator
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in bid/proposal preparation or similar experience
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related technology
- Minimum 2 years prior experience with direct customer interaction.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in electrical design, including schematics and panel layout; and/or applying and programming drives, PLC's and HMI's.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in control system applications which relates to variable speed drives, drives systems, and industrial automation systems.
- Prior experience in industrial automation
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
Control Products and Solutions
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Houston - Texas
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.